Consider the Source – 2021 Investment Outlook: Post-COVID
In this episode of our multi-part “2021 Investment Outlook” video series, Omnia Family Wealth’s Michael Wagner and Alon Ozer explore what the U.S. economy and markets may look like in a post-COVID, post-lockdown, post-vaccination world. They also thought it would be helpful for investors to discuss the current Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and whether or not it will ultimately translate into stock returns.
Specifically, Wagner and Ozer explain:
- How lifted lockdowns and reopenings may impact the U.S. economy
- The lag between the economy coming back and when it begins to reflect in the data
- What “normal” means both qualitatively and quantitatively for the economy
- The influences of COVID-era habits on infrastructure, industries, inflation and portfolios
- What is going on in U.S. equities today and how GDP figures may influence equities in the future
- Current concerns about U.S. equities and reasons for concerns
- Non-equity asset classes that might give equity-level returns in a post-COVID market
Throughout the video, Wagner and Ozer emphasize the importance of being mindful of where we are in the large economic cycle. While Omnia Family Wealth remains bullish and optimistic as the country and the world turn a corner on this terrible pandemic, we believe there are still some concerns when it comes to valuations, equities and inflation.
For more insights, click here to view all of our “2021 Investment Outlook” videos and stay tuned for more episodes about what is occurring in the markets and economy. As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. We are available via email or phone at (305) 602-9080.