Webinar Rewatch – Cyber Insights for Families: What You Need to Know in a Digital Age
Omnia Family Wealth recently hosted a live webinar about cybersecurity. During this interactive discussion, Tsachi Ganot, Pandora Security’s co-founder and an expert in securing digital environments for affluent individuals, provided an inside look at the steps affluent families need to take in order to build secure digital environments that protect both their identities and their wealth from security breaches.
A variety of cybersecurity topics were addressed throughout the webinar. Here are some of the key takeaways:
The most common cybersecurity risks for affluent families:
- Hacked accounts
- Social engineering attacks
How to manage your online presence:
- Be aware that most attacks are based on your personal information and contact details
- Know what to share and how
- Know what is out there about you
Easy ways to get online security:
- Look for a secure website icon and always use “https”
- Use password managers
- Always use 2-step verification
- Make all social media profiles private
- Have an expert on call
During this webinar, Ganot also offered some social media security rules of thumb for all affluent families to follow. These rules include:
- Social media is risky and needs to be used carefully.
- Be wary about any unknown friend requests or messages.
- Accounts get hacked. Be aware of unusual interactions from friends.
- Don’t click on any links unless you are sure who you are talking to.
- There is no reason why the whole world should see your information. Keep your social media posts in limited circles.
If you are interested in learning more about how to improve your family’s online privacy and security, Pandora Security is always available to take your call or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.