Omnia & Morris + D’Angelo Conversation Series: Preparing for the Future
The COVID-19 pandemic has transformed the world as we know it. Here at Omnia Family Wealth, we hope to help guide families through these new complexities, which is why we have teamed up with Morris + D’Angelo, a tax advisory firm that specializes and serves multigenerational family-based enterprises and their owners, for a new conversation series. In each of these conversations, we will give families a high-level, holistic view of the things they should be aware of so they can feel prepared for anything that may come.
For our latest discussion in our conversation series, Omnia Family Wealth’s Michael Wagner, chief operations officer and Alon Ozer, chief investment officer, speak with Morris + D’Angelo Senior Partner Daniel Morris for an overview of the many factors investors should consider as we approach the new year.
Specifically, Wagner, Ozer and Morris discuss:
- How the fear of missing out in the market impacts a family’s investment decisions
- How investors can protect themselves from emotional investing
- The potential long-term impacts of COVID-related government stimulus packages
- Leading indicators that the economy has returned to a new equilibrium
- Demographic changes in the economy and trends that may have been accelerated by the pandemic
- The potential implications of maintaining a traditional 60/40 portfolio in a low-interest rate environment
- Dislocations that have recently become apparent in public and private markets
- The role alternative and private assets play in a well-thought-out portfolio strategy
- How families can cut through the noise and ensure they are getting the highest quality information
- How portfolios should be constructed with volatility in mind
Throughout the conversation, Wagner, Ozer and Morris emphasize the importance of paying attention to demographics, recognizing your inherent bias, and being aware of the potential for volatility and making it part of your investing process to successfully invest for the long-term.
Our team at Omnia would be happy to speak with you about any questions you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact us. We are available via email or phone at (305) 602-9080. Also, make sure to stay tuned for the next segment of the Omnia and Morris + D’Angelo conversation series.