Omnia Conversations: What’s Next?
Jobless claims are up and consumer spending is down, yet the stock market is up nearly 30% from its recent low. Recently, Omnia Family Wealth Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer Michael Wagner and Chief Investment Officer Alon Ozer met virtually to discuss the factors driving this disconnect and what we might expect in the weeks, months and years ahead.
Specifically, Wagner and Ozer discussed:
- The likelihood of the U.S. falling into a depression
- The disconnect between in the economy and the equity markets
- What the bond market is telling us
- Whether we are in a crisis of liquidity or crisis of solvency
- Inflation vs. deflation and which we see occurring in the near term and the long term
- What will the next few weeks look like as states begin to reopen
- Ways the investing process may need to change in the post-pandemic world
- How to separate the market signals from irrelevant noise
Throughout the conversation, Wagner and Ozer emphasized that it is imperative for investors to take their time, practice caution and trust the process when it comes to investing in both the current and future market environments.
For more information about the impact of the coronavirus on investors, the markets and the global economy, click here. Also, as always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. We are available via email or phone (305) 602-9080.