Joe Lonsdale on Solving Big Problems: The Intersection of Philanthropy and Business
In our newest video, renowned tech investor and entrepreneur Joe Lonsdale returns to speak with Omnia Family Wealth’s Michael Wagner about the intersection of business and philanthropy. During the conversation, they speak about Lonsdale’s personal involvement in charitable work, the importance of a culture of positive impact when investing or building a company and inspiring the next generation of investors and entrepreneurs.
They also discuss:
- How non-profit causes are benefitting from technological advances, particularly the fight against child-exploitation
- Why Lonsdale feels so optimistic about America and the potential to improve the prosperity and well-being of society
- The importance of training and mentoring the next generation
- Lonsdale’s experience working within Florida’s pro-innovation landscape
- Why there is confusion with the ESG label
In case you missed it, the first and second videos are available to watch now. As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. We are available via email or phone at (305) 602-9080.
About Joe Lonsdale
Joe Lonsdale is the managing partner at 8VC, a US-based venture capital firm that manages several billion dollars in committed capital. He was an early institutional investor in many notable technology start-ups.
Before focusing on institutional investing, Joe co-founded Palantir (NASDAQ: PLTR) a global software company known for its work in defense and other industries. He founded and remains as Chairman of both Addepar and OpenGov. He is also a co-founder of Affinity, Epirus, Resilience Bio, and other mission-driven technology companies.
Joe began his career as an early executive at Clarium Capital, which he helped grow into a large global macro hedge fund. He also worked with PayPal while he attended Stanford.