Joe Lonsdale on his Early Years of Harvesting Disruption
Throughout the past 100 years, innovations in technology have led to the creation of new tech-based businesses and applications that have completely transformed our everyday lives. In this special episode of “Consider the Source,” Omnia Family Wealth’s Michael Wagner sits down with tech investor and entrepreneur Joe Lonsdale to discuss his career path, the reason he feels technology is so exciting, and the importance of mindset as an entrepreneur.
Specifically, Wagner and Lonsdale discuss:
- The early years of Lonsdale’s career working in Silicon Valley amongst top talent
- The history of Silicon Valley and how technological waves create possibilities for new businesses
- The problems that inspired Lonsdale to build his businesses and what fuels his passion
- What entrepreneurs and investors need to pay attention to when it comes to the venture space
- Lonsdale’s advice to young entrepreneurs seeking success in the tech space
Stayed tuned for part two in this series, Joe Lonsdale: Making of an American Optimist. As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. We are available via email or phone at (305) 602-9080.
About Joe Lonsdale
Joe Lonsdale is the managing partner at 8VC, a US-based venture capital firm that manages several billion dollars in committed capital. He was an early institutional investor in many notable technology start-ups.
Before focusing on institutional investing, Joe co-founded Palantir (NASDAQ: PLTR) a global software company known for its work in defense and other industries. He founded and remains as chairman of both Addepar and OpenGov. He is also a co-founder of Affinity, Epirus, Resilience Bio, and other mission-driven technology companies.
Joe began his career as an early executive at Clarium Capital, which he helped grow into a large global macro hedge fund. He also worked with PayPal while he attended Stanford.