Michael Wagner and Alexandra Quitko Explain How to Plan and Invest for Your Future
Understanding the basics of savings and investing is important for young professionals seeking to secure their financial futures. Omnia Family Wealth Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer Michael Wagner and Wealth Advisor Alexandra Quitko were recently featured speakers at the Greater Miami Jewish Federation’s “#Adulting: Learning How to Plan and Invest for Your Future” live virtual discussion.
During this event, which was sponsored by The Foundation of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation, The Network and Base Miami, Wagner moderated a discussion with financial experts, including Quitko, about best practices for investing and planning for the future. Using her expertise in the wealth management industry, Quitko specifically explained the five building blocks for financial success as a young professional. These blocks include:
- Understanding your cashflows and accumulating a six-month buffer for savings
- Creating a plan to manage your debt after savings is accumulated
- Saving for retirement early for the gift of compounding interest
- Investing available capital based on how much risk you can afford and long-term goals
- Deciding on a philanthropic strategy to maximize the tax benefits that come with giving
In addition to the discussion, there was also a question-and-answer session where Quitko and the other expert panelists addressed some of the most common questions among young professionals, such as:
- What are some investment opportunities in the current market environment?
- How much should you have saved before you begin investing?
- When is the right time to start investing?
- What is the difference between a 401(k) and a 403(b)?
- What are the first steps for investing in real estate?
Throughout the event, Quitko and Wagner emphasized the importance of having a team of advisors you can trust, having a plan, starting sooner rather than later and constantly optimizing strategies for saving.
For more information about this event or any of the topics discussed, please contact us. We can be reached via email or phone at (305) 602-9080.