Consider the Source: Risk in Society
In the past when we have discussed the topic of risk, it has been regarding financial markets and volatility. However, in his latest memo, Omnia Family Wealth Chief Investment Officer Alon Ozer expanded our typical definition of risk to dissect its heightened impact on society. Now, Ozer joins Omnia Family Wealth Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer Michael Wagner to provide further insight into society’s comfort with risk and how it may be changing in light of current events.
Ozer and Wagner specifically discuss:
- The importance of understanding societal risk when managing portfolios
- Trends in society that point to an elevated level of risk-taking
- The cyclical nature of our relationship with risk and its impact on financial markets
- Other instances of when changes in society influenced financial markets
- How families can manage their personal and financial risks
Throughout their conversation, Ozer and Wagner emphasize the importance of recognizing societal trends so that you can proactively prepare your portfolio. If you have any questions regarding risk in society and its potential impact on your portfolio, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are available via email or phone at (305) 602-9080.